Medicaid Tamper-Resistant Prescription Law
Category One ~ One or More industry-recognized features designed to prevent unauthorized copying of a completed or blank prescription form.
- Void Pantograph background (Hidden Message Technology)
- Reverse Rx Symbol
- Micro Printing
- Artificial Watermark on back of script
- Coin Activated Ink
Category Two ~ One or More industry-recognized features designed to prevent the erasure or modification of information written on a prescription by the prescriber.
- Colored Shaded Pantograph background
- Toner Grip Security Coating
- "Check and Balance" printed features such as "quantity" check boxes, and space to indicate "number of medications" written on prescription form
Category Three ~ One or More industry-recognized features designed to prevent the use of counterfeit prescription forms.
- Security Feature Warning Box and Warning Bands
- Security Back Printing
- Coin Activated Validation
- Batch Number identification
- Secure Rub Color Change Ink
- Consecutive Numbering
- Medicaid Compliant Tamper Resistant Rx Paper, http://www.medicaidrxpaper.com/
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Medicaid Tamper Resistant Pescription Law – Pharmacist FACT SHEET, https://www.cms.gov/FraudAbuseforProfs/Downloads/pharmacisfactsheet.pdf